Tuesday 13 March 2012

"All I've got is a photograph..." (Def Leppard)

Actually...it's a couple hundred photographs. :)  Hello all.  Sorry it's taken longer than I had hoped to get some pics up for you.  I've been somewhat distracted by reality...you know how it is.  But here is a small selection for you.  If you'd like to see more, check out the photo album:  Monster Cruise Adventure Photos 2012.  (And for the record, a lot of these were taken by my husband, but there's a few of mine in there too.)

First up, a photo of that awesome denim jacket I was telling you about:


This has all been painstakingly hand stitched by the owner.  Hours upon hours worth of work, resulting in a truly remarkable one-of-a-kind piece of art!  (And this photo doesn't even capture all of the logos.)

Next, a glimpse of what you all missed.  You're looking at the "Castle Donington" stage on the pool deck, one of 5 different performance spaces on the ship.  This was Kix at the sail away concert when we were leaving the port in Key West on Sunday, February 26.


There'll be one more post on this blog before I wrap things up until the next cruise.  (Oh my God, there's a next cruise!!  :D)

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to next years, a bunch of my Y&T friends had a blast, not missing it again. I'm thinking of extending it a few days, one of my thoughts is Key West. What would say about key west ??

    Thanks
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick,

      I really liked Key West -- it's a pretty cool little town with it's own personality. Once you get past the chain-name suburban sprawl and into the Old Town, the architecture is great, and there's lots to see and do. There's lots of bars and restaurants for just hanging out and chillin'. It is a bit of a party town, and great for walking as it's pretty pedestrian-friendly. It doesn't really cater to the typical North American car culture, so finding parking can be a bit of an issue -- be sure wherever you stay has parking, and is close enough to the sights for you to walk. Next year's MOR cruise coincides with Spring Break weeks for a lot, so be aware of that (whether you think it's good or bad), as it will probably impact prices and availability. We were only there 2 days, and I didn't see half of what I wanted, so I'd definitely go back. My husband said the scuba diving was great, and he'd go back too, but one definitely needs to be an advanced and experienced diver.

      As for the cruse -- man, do NOT miss it, dude! It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

      Rock on,

      Dee

      Delete