Tuesday 28 February 2012

"We're on a holiday, hooligan's holiday..." (Motley Crue)

Hello again.

Well folks, today was the first day that I felt we had a more relaxed schedule -- some breathing space, if you will.  We actually had time to eat all 3 meals today.  And we didn't have to rush from stage to stage to squeeze in seeing everyone we wanted to.  Well...only a couple of times in the afternoon.

We did finally get to see Stryper, and they were really good.  Today we also saw:  UFO, Keel (again), Tesla in an acoustic set, a bit of Bang Tango, Rhino Bucket, Flametal, and Lynch Mob.  Lynch Mob are playing the final concert of this cruise and it's their only show due to them being delayed getting on the ship.

I did finally figure out who our singing neighbour is:  a gentleman by the name of Philip Monti, who did percussion and backup vocals for Ted Poley's acoustic set.  We heard him warming up again this evening before we went for dinner.  And he was in the cabin right next to us!

My husband has finally admitted that this was a lot of fun and a very cool vacation experience -- even before he gets underwater.  Oh!  By the way, for all you SCSDs reading this, Irene was spotted crowd surfing at the Keel show this evening -- we have photographic proof.  P.L., best you reign her in a bit, eh?

Today's specialty drink was a UFO Cosmo:  Absolut, something else, and cranberry juice.

And now for the news you've all been breathlessly waiting for...

THEY'VE ANNOUNCED NEXT YEAR'S MONSTERS OF ROCK CRUISE!!!  (I suspect some of you figured as much.)

AND GREAT WHITE IS ON IT!!!  WOOOOOO!!!  (You may remember in a previous post I listed Great White on my personalized MOR lineup.)

It's March 16-20 (5 days!), 2013.

Am I excited?  Yes!
Am I going?  Of course!
Am I already pre-reserved before it goes on sale?  You bet!
(I've decided it will be my birthday present to me.  :)  )
Is my husband excited?  Not so much... (?)

As incredible as all this has been, he's not so sure he can do this every year.  But I can!  So...just in case...I'm putting the word out:  I may need a cabin mate.  (Apparently he's not keen on my doing this solo.  No idea why...)

To our hairdresser:  I know you want to be on the cruise with Queensryche, but I can guarantee you'd have a blast on this one!

To S. M-S.:  Please consider it.  (And maybe even check with your friends J. & S.?)

Anyone else?  I'm open to suggestions.  Anyone?  Bueller...?

I realize that I've been excited about this cruise since I first found out about it last fall; very excited about it since I booked it; and increasingly unbearable since I started the official countdown after Christmas.  So I apologize to all of you in advance...it's going to be a long year!

I'm signing off now.  We're starting the rest and relaxation part of our "R&R" vacation, so there'll be no more posts for a week or 2 -- after we get back home.  But -- I will be putting up photos, so check back.

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment