Sunday 26 February 2012

"Gonna rock it up, roll it up, do it all, have a ball, Saturday night..." (The Bay City Rollers)

Oh.  My.  God.

WOW.  I mean W-O-W!!  This is just...wow.

This is incredibly, unbelievably, fucking amazingly awesome.

I don't even know where to start.

This is exactly everything I thought it would be.  No, wait -- this exceeds my expectations.  But I'm sure it's exactly what a lot of you suspected it would be -- for better or worse.  :)

We just finished watching Cinderella (!) in the theatre -- good show -- and are now at the stage out on the pool deck, sipping today's specialty drink (a Cinderella Paradise -- vodka, peach schnapps and fruity stuff), listening to the last half of XYZ's show.  Before we head back inside to one of the many bars to catch Keel.

We're out on the open water at 10:00 at night and there's still a few people too cool to take off the shades.

Everyone is wearing black -- Monsters of Rock gear or concert shirts.  TONS of concert shirts.  A lot of the bands on board, of course, but everything from Poison (ick -- and really?) to Iron Maiden and Ozzy.  And beyond.  And everything in between.

We've actually already befriended a few fellow canucks -- T. from Alberta (here solo) and A. & A., who live about an hour away from us.  I actually spotted his denim jacket in the waiting area of the airport before we even boarded the plane.  I saw it, turned to my husband and said, "They're going on the cruise!"  It is covered in band logos -- I do believe about 27 of them, 8 of which are on this ship.  It turns out every band name/logo is embroidered onto the jacket itself, by hand, by him.  No patches here.  Everyone who spots it approaches him to check it out, compliment him on it, and take photos of it.  Including us.

So.  Before the boat even left the dock, we saw celebrities (sorry -- I don't know names):  the blond from Kix, Ted Poley, the guitarist from Night Ranger, Ron Keel, Brian Vollmer (from Helix).  Wowsa.  Very cool.

We hung out at the pool deck for the group photos before Tesla's sail away concert, but headed in about 6:30 to grab dinner before going to see Cinderella.  The dining room was EMPTY.  There was more staff there standing around than there were diners!  I thought that was hilarious!  There's always a line up at the bar though -- I guess this crowd is more concerned about drinking than eating.

This is all just so very cool.

Jeans, boots, long hair...ahhh, it's good to be back!

Off to catch Keel -- until tomorrow, rockin' it old school!

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST FROM THE PAST!!! WISH I WAS THERE WITH THE BIG HAIR!!!!

    BLEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you picked the right trip. Glad to hear you are having such a great time. ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete