Monday 27 February 2012

"I wanna rock'n'roll all night, and party everyday!" (Kiss)

Come on -- you knew I was going to use those lyrics at some point, right?

Have I mentioned how incredibly cool this is?!?  'Cause it is!  Not to sound like a broken record (pun intended -- ha, ha!)

Some of you may have noticed the time that I posted Saturday's entry (and tonight's for that matter...).  When I was done, my husband insisted it was bedtime -- at 2 am.  God, I haven't been up this late watching bands in years.  I didn't even feel tired.  My eyes did, but I didn't.  I'm sure this will all catch up with middle-aged me.

Ok.  So, today.  Even with the late bedtime, I was awake about 9.  Which turned out to be a good thing because very shortly afterward, someone very close -- next door or above us or below us -- started singing scales to warm up their voice.  We are apparently in the vicinity of celebrity!  No idea who (yet), but it was one of the best wake-up calls I've had!

After breakfast, we caught Ted Poley in an acoustic set -- he was very good.  (He wasn't our singing neighbour -- we asked.)  We saw cruisemates A. & A. there again too.  After that, we were going to go to "Rock'n'Roll Church" to see Stryper, but both Stryper and Lynch Mob missed the boat due to the snowy weather up north.  Both bands are to meet up with us today in Key West.  And we're told there'll be some re-scheduling as a result.  So we stood in line for a while to do the "meet & greet", which was really more like being herded through band "stations" and quickly having one's picture taken with them.  So we saw, "met", sometimes shook hands with, and had our pictures taken with:  XYZ, Black'n'Blue, Keel, Rhino Bucket, Helix, Y&T, Eric Martin, John Corabi, and...CINDERELLA!!  I got to stand beside Tom Keifer!  :)  It was still pretty cool.

After that, we went back out to the stage at the pool to catch some of Kix's set, then back in for the "so you think you can shred" guest guitar competition.  Then it was into the theatre for Night Ranger, who, by the way, put on a great show (probably the best we've seen yet).  And then it was back out to the pool to see some of Y&T's set.  Aaaand back in to catch Helix, where we once again ran into A. & A.  Believe it or not, we actually had a chance to eat dinner after seeing Helix (it was past 8 pm at this point).  So 6 of us went for dinner.  Three of our dining partners left early to catch Cinderella's show.  We remaining 3 chatted for a bit before heading off to see Motley Inc.  I wrote up most of this post on paper (to save precious internet $) between Motley Inc. (finishing at 11 pm), and Firehouse (starting at 12:15).  I should tell you that the times for the theatre are "-ish".  The doors for Firehouse aren't even open yet and it's now 12:30.  We're standing in line being serenaded with Ozzy tunes courtesy of George Lynch's all-star jam.  (This is apparently the extended version of "Paranoid"...)  Needless to say, Lynch Mob is now on board, and, judging by the fact that I've seen 2 members of Stryper, so are they.

We've decided against seeing Firehouse at this point -- maybe they're playing sometime tomorrow.  (Can you believe we get to do this again all day tomorrow?!  Woooo!)  And I think today is a wrap at this point.

The ship is rocking pretty good tonight, both literally and figuratively.  My husband's advice:  "Drink enough such that you cannot tell the difference between bed spins and boat motion, and you'll be fine."  (KMS -- this means you!)

That reminds me, speaking of drinks, today's specialty drinks were a Kix Voo Doo (lots of rum, not much of anything else) and a Stryper Shark Bite (yummy!).

Today, the ship was docked in Key West (port? what port?).  It is WAY too busy here to get off of the boat.  There is barely time to sleep, not really time to eat, and definitely no time to sightsee on land.  (Not when the sights are pretty decent on board...  ;)  )

Oh!  I have exciting news...TBA tomorrow, so stay tuned!

(No, we did not get married.  And no, I did not run off with a band.  Yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment