Saturday 16 June 2012

"The waiting is the hardest part..." (Tom Petty)

Hello everyone!

I know that I said you wouldn't hear from me again until probably after Christmas, but I just couldn't resist!  Mainly because the new website is up for next year's cruise (Finally!  I've only  been checking a few times a week for two months!), with lots o' bands announced (25 and counting!), and now that we've been able to actually book the trip...well, I'm just so excited, I just had to share!  (And it's also partly because I've already been warned by a co-worker that a countdown lasting longer than 90 days would simply not be tolerated.)  So, I'm back.

The first order of blog business is to change the title from "Monster Cruise Adventures I" to "Monster Cruise Adventures II".  I do realize that we're not quite close enough to sailing to be all cruise news, but the first one is definitely behind us, so...it'll have to do.

So far, about half of the acts are new to the cruise -- which is exciting, and half are returning from last year's -- which is a good thing, seeing as I certainly didn't see as much of everyone as I would have liked.  So now I get the chance to catch up, so to speak.  :)

My husband is still unsure if he'll be joining me again, but I think he's feeling very tempted, now that Lita Ford and Vixen (or some incarnation thereof) are on board.  And he didn't see as much of Tesla as he wanted to...

It's time for a little update as to what I've been up to since the cruise.  Well, I've put together my "official photo album of the inaugural Monsters of Rock cruise".  That was done before the end of March, when everything was still fresh in my mind.  And I'm very pleased with how it turned out -- I've included some souvenirs, lots of photos, our meet and greet photos with some of the bands, and, of course, I've even printed off all 9 of my blog entries and included them too.  Needless to say, I've been carting it around for show and tell every possible chance I get.

We went to see Nickelback at the ACC in Toronto in April.  We had bought the tickets as soon as they went on sale, before the cruise, and, unbeknownst to us, A&A, who we met on the cruise, had tickets to go also.  We've kept in touch, and when we discovered we were all going to the same concert, we met up for dinner and a visit beforehand.  It was a really good concert, and I do like Nickelback's music and sound, even as I take issue with some of their lyrics.

Next up, a friend and I are going to see the "Rock of Ages" movie.  I've seen the stage play, and enjoyed it, but I was a bit disappointed 'cause it wasn't all hard rockin' tunes.  It's really a pretty wide selection of 80s music, a lot of it from the top 40 charts, a lot of it good and enjoyable, and it just happens to include the likes of Whitesnake and Bon Jovi.  The movie version looks a bit more...campy?  Spoofy?  It's more like it's poking fun at the 80s instead of celebrating them the way "Rock Star" did.  You know what I mean -- there won't be any really good hair in it.  (And I'm sorry, but no amount of long hair can make Tom Cruise appealing to me.  Even if he's singing a Bon Jovi tune.  Mark Wahlberg, however...)  But, I'm sure it'll be entertaining and good for a laugh.

And in July, we have tickets to see the Scorpions on their (allegedly) final tour.  They're one of my favourite bands -- I'll be sad to see them retire.  Then two weeks later, it's off to see Def Leppard!  Another one of my favourites, who, as far as I know, are NOT retiring yet.  Lita Ford is opening -- and I'm looking forward to seeing her, as I never have (we had these tickets before she was announced on next year's cruise) -- and, um, so is Poison.  Who I can do without.

So, now you're all up to date, and I think that's a wrap for a while.  Perhaps until after the upcoming concerts.

Ready...?  Here we go:

EXACTLY 9 MONTHS TODAY WE'LL BE ON CRUISE #2!!!

Wow, the waiting sure is going to be the hardest part!  :)

\m/




No comments:

Post a Comment