Wednesday 20 February 2013

"Closer to it every day..." (Warrant)

Close indeed!  Just 24 MOR days -- less than a month away!!  I can hardly wait!  :)

It's been a couple of months since my last post, and I figure I have a few things to cover here.  So let's get to it, shall we?

First of all, I had a pretty exciting Christmas:  friends of ours got us the "Metal Evolution" series on DVD (awesome!!), and my husband surprised me with Bon Jovi tickets (very awesome!!)! 

We've only watched the first episode of "Metal Evolution" just yet (life's been too busy...and we have already seen the series once) -- we watched it with our cruise buddies A&A when we got together just after Christmas. 

The Bon Jovi concert was just a few days ago, and boy, did they deliver -- what a great show!  2 straight hours of Bon Jovi, plus a 6 song encore.  (And it was actually nice not to have to sit through an opening band for once.)  The ACC in Toronto was packed and rockin', even though that was their 2nd night there.  I've checked my old concert ticket stubs, and I see that this is just the 3rd time I've seen Bon Jovi.  My husband isn't really a fan (as evidenced by the "Is this Bon Jovi again?!" comment every time they come up on the ipod), so I took a friend who's a fan but has never seen them.  And needless to say, a good time was had by all!

Now if you remember, in one of my first posts, I said my personal Monsters of Rock lineup would be:  Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and Great White.  Well, wouldn't you know it, but in the past 18 months, I've seen Whitesnake, Aerosmith, Scorpions, Def Leppard, and now Bon Jovi.  I'm just missing Motely Crue (who I probably should have made more of an effort to see last September when they were in Toronto with Kiss), and Great White (who I'll be seeing on the upcoming Monsters of Rock Cruise).  Not too bad, if you ask me.  :)

And speaking of the cruise (which is really the whole point of this blog after all)... 

We were on vacation in Cozumel (Mexico) a couple of weeks ago, and we saw the MSC Poesia in port there.  That got me excited about -- and looking forward to -- the cruise!

The Monsters of Rock cruise has a facebook page, and everyone's been submitting countdown photos, some of which the MOR team post.  We've submitted 4 thus far, and have had all 4 posted.  Which I think is pretty cool.  I'm planning one last one in the coming weeks, too.

And while we're on the subject of the MOR countdown, here's a photo of my "official countdown calendar" that I have up at work:


(Of course, the original will be included in my "official commemorative album" of this year's cruise.)

I'll probably do one more post in March before we sail, so stay tuned.  In the meantime...

24 MOR DAYS!!!

(Are you excited?!  I'm excited!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment