Sunday 3 March 2013

"Take a ride on the wild side..." (Motley Crue)

Well, here's one from the "ask and ye shall receive" files...

In my last post, I mentioned that out of all of the bands on my MOR hit list, I was just missing seeing Motley Crue.  (I've seen all of the others over the past year and a half, and will be seeing Great White on the cruise -- can't wait!)  And what do you know, but just days after that post went up, a Motley Crue concert is announced for Hamilton in May.  :)  So.  Guess who now has tickets?  In the tenth row on the floor, no less?  Moi.  And my husband.  How cool is that?!  And I think this is the third time I've seen Motley Crue.

Actually, the best concert experience I ever had was seeing Motley Crue in a club in Oklahoma City in August of '94.  It was during the period when Vince Neil had left/been kicked out of the band, and John Corabi (also on the MOR cruise, as he was last year -- we have a pic of us with him) was singing for them.  As I understand it, the band wasn't doing so well on that tour, and the venues kept getting downgraded due to poor ticket sales -- a la Spinal Tap.  Regardless, it was very cool to see such a big rock band in a smaller club setting.

Speaking of Spinal Tap, we did watch it this past week in preparation for the cruise.  Apparently, they're having a Spinal Tap night on board.  Hmmm, not so sure we'll be all costumed up for that one...  But -- I have found myself a green t-shirt perfect for St Patrick's Day, which will be Sunday of the cruise, the first full day at sea.  Which is 2 weeks today!!!

13 MOR DAYS!!!!

(Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!!  I can't wait!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment