Wednesday 13 March 2013

"I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!" (The Pointer Sisters)

3 MOR DAYS!!!  WOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry -- I just had to start off with the countdown -- have I mentioned that I'm excited?!?  Actually, I can't say whether I was more excited last year because I had no idea what to expect, or whether I'm more excited this year because I do know what to expect!

So.  I'm pretty much ready to go.  I've packed all but the few last minute things and I've got all of my paperwork together.  I have gathered the necessities for the cruise:  new MOR 2013 cruise t-shirt, camera, jeans, boots, black clothing, sunglasses, summer clothing, various and sundry accoutrements required for St Patrick's Day festivities...  And, we have our door poster all ready to go too.  :)

Oh!  Speaking of St Patrick's Day, seeing as this cruise takes place over March 17th, I've changed the background colour of this blog to green, in honour of.  (You may have noticed.)

This year, we're starting the party early as we're going to the pre-cruise party on Friday night.  We'll be seeing our cruise buddies A&A there, and I'll (finally) get to meet the Meister.  It should be a good night.  (And really, only serve to ramp up the level of anticipation!)

Having been on the cruise last year, and still remembering the crazy schedule trying to see everyone we wanted to -- never mind eat and sleep -- I'm doing things a little differently this time around.  I've decided to prioritize:  I know the bands I really want to see, so I'll be staying for their whole set.  Or sets, if I really like them.  Then I have a secondary list of bands I'd like to see, and I'll do my best to see what I can of them, schedule depending.  Everyone else is considered hit and miss.  (Actually some of them will be out and out misses, as there are a couple I have no desire to see.)  Now, for those of you who are laughing at this plan of mine, let me just say, trust me -- you have no idea what it was like last year.  And if there are any new cruisers out there reading this, just you wait and see.  You'll find out the hard way!

And as if there's not enough excitement here (I'm, like, doing the Snoopy dance inside!), I'm excited to find out the scoop on next year's cruise.  That's right, people!  The MOR team themselves have alluded to a "2014 cruise", AND they're testing the waters (pun intended -- ha!) to see if a Europe MOR cruise is a possibility!!  How cool would that be?!?  So, considering they announced this year's cruise while we were on last year's, I'm hoping we are just days away from finding out about next year's.  :)

Alright.  I'm signing off now until we're actually on the ship.  Oh, FYI -- I've also decided to post the morning after during the cruise, instead of at the end of the day (which basically amounts to the middle of the night).  So that means the next post should come out Sunday morning.  And by "morning" I mean by noon, ok?

Ciao for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment