Wednesday 20 March 2013

"This must be just like living in paradise, and I don't wanna go home!" (David Lee Roth)

Well, maybe not quite paradise, but it sure feels like we've been living the life of rock stars.  What with not being at our ordinary jobs, having someone else cook for and clean up after us, just being able to hang out, watching concerts, drinking and socializing, being up real late, and sleeping in.

Ok, so maybe the plan to post the blog entry the morning after is a bit flawed...  I'll have to work on that for next year.  Believe it or not, doing it at 2 a.m. worked better.  Huh.  But hey, at least it's still the same day we got off of the boat.  Barely.  And yes, I said "next year" -- I've already handed in my pre-reserve.  :)

This was a more relaxing day -- we were in port in Nassau, and like I said, there's not many concerts on board while in port.  So I got to sleep in some and take my time getting out and about.  Which meant breakfast was at 11.  I ran into T. from Alberta there (we met him last year), so we visited while we ate, and speculated about next year's cruise.  We did go into Nassau for a couple of hours -- I was on a bit of a mission (mission accomplished).  Funny, last year we didn't leave the ship at all, and this year we did both times.

Once back on the ship we had some lunch -- at 3:30 -- then hubby headed to the theatre to see Saxon while I posted the day before's blog entry.  I told him I'd meet him there.  Well, by the time I got to the internet cafe and did my thing, I got to Saxon in time for the last 2 songs.  Then it was up to the pool stage for Kix's sail away concert.  We were 1 of 4 ships in port, and as the music started up, some of our neighbours on the Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Sea (parked right beside us) gave us the horns (\m/) (as opposed to the finger!).  That was cool.

We went to the last meet and greet -- with Black'n'Blue, London Quireboys, Faster Pussycat, Dio Disciples (and Wendy Dio!), and...Queensryche!!  So, yes, we did get photos of us with them (hopefully) AND I got Scott Rockenfield to sign his recipe too.  :)  So that is 4/4 for the recipe book!  Woohoo!

We stopped back at our cabin and got packed up for leaving, then headed to the restaurant for dinner.  I think it was 9 p.m. at that point.  We skipped dessert 'cause I wanted to get a good spot to see Great White -- and I did!  Afterwards, we met up with A&A in the Zebra Bar for our last concert of the cruise:  Black'n'Blue.  Loudness were close by in the theatre, so my husband disappeared in to see more of them for about 20 minutes.  Everything wrapped up by about 1:30.  We headed up to the pool deck to see what was happening and got photos of us with Joel Hoekstra, Russ Dwarf, and Michael Lardie.  Some of JSRG, the Dio Disciples, and Lita Ford's band were hanging out there too.  We finally accepted the fact that the cruise had come to an end, and called it a night about 3.  And we had to get up about 6 in order to shower, eat, and vacate our cabin on time.  Let me just say I didn't feel very human on three hours sleep.

The disembarkation also went faster this year too.  So kudos to the MOR team and MSC for all of the improvements this year!

My husband kept running into rockers at the elevators/stairs:  he rode the elevator with Michael Sweet; ran into Eddie Jackson getting off the elevator and they found their way to the pool deck together; and Biff and other members of Saxon climbed up 7 levels of stairs in front of him.

So, it was another very cool rock'n'roll concert cruise vacation experience!  And we get to do it again next year!  I can't say at the moment that I can't wait, because I'm still recovering from this one, but I have a year + to let the excitement build.  And I'm sure that will start to happen once they start releasing more details.

Stay tuned for photos...but give me a week or two!

Ciao for now!

2 comments: