Monday 18 March 2013

"Livin' after midnight, rockin' to the dawn..." (Judas Priest)

This is just TOO COOL!!  (Have I mentioned that yet?)

Ok, so it wasn't to the dawn, but it was well after midnight...just after 2 am when I got back to our cabin.  After a particularly strong mojito.  The halls were pretty quiet, but I did pass a silver bustier lying on the floor on my way to our room.  ?!  Some things you just don't want an explanation for, you know?  My other half was asleep with the tv on.  (Though I did just double check that hubby wasn't harbouring the bustier-free harlot in our room.)  He had left me and A&A partway through Y&T's set -- called it a night around 12:45.  We had all met up earlier at Loudness on the pool stage.

I guess I should start at the beginning of the day, not the end.

It was St Patrick's Day, so it was the wearin' o' the green for us.  We caught a bit of the Rock'n'Roll Q&A with Mark Weiss (photographer), Dave Meneketti (Y&T), and Wendy Dio (Ronnie James' widow) -- there's a big auction on board for his cancer charity.  We actually stopped in at the auction later, where a Tony Iommi-signed Gibson guitar fetched $7,700.  Crazy.  I caught a bit of Heavy Mellow before posting Saturday's entry.  Which I'm thinking was probably after noon.  The Meister was there too, working on something.  I know I said I'd have the posts up by noon, but that's apparently proving to be "-ish".  Considering I'm sitting on the beach right now (not even near the boat) composing this, and it's 10 minutes to noon.  Bear with me, people, I'm busy!  :)

So after all that, we went to the meet and greet (#2 for the cruise, #1 for us).  Same deal as last year, but it seemed to move faster.  We met, said hi to, and had our pictures taken with:  Saxon, Helix, JSRG, John Corabi, Lita Ford, and Femme Fatale.  Then I headed to the Zebra Bar for some XYZ, and sighted some sharks -- of the Great White kind, if you know what I mean.  ;)  We checked out the Atomic Punks (Van Halen tribute), had a quick bite to eat, went up to the pool stage to see some Saxon, then down to the theatre for Queensryche.  Who, I heard, actually started on time.  In the theatre.  Muchos improved over last year's timing.  Queensryche were great, by the way.  And as reported, their new singer sounded great.  Although no one thought to report that he was a younger good-looking longhair who can rock a pair of leather pants.  (Just sayin' -- hairdresser of mine!)  Afterwards, we caught a bit of Heavy Mellow, where I was finally able to get their new CD.  Then it was up to the pool for some Loudness.  As I mentioned, we met up with A&A there and we all headed back down to the theatre for Y&T.  A few songs after my husband left us, we went back up to the pool for JSRG.  Another great show -- all the bands have been giving great performances.  They finished with a rockin' version of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" -- which I'm sure my brother will think is pretty funny, and my niece (an Adele fan) will think is appalling.

And that's finally the end of Day 2.

Tomorrow, a beached whale -- ooops!  I mean shark -- Great White is playing a concert on the beach for our stop on Coco Cay.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Dineen! It sounds like you're having a great time. Love the descriptions!
    Have fun,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dineen! sounds like you're having a great time! Love your descriptions.
    Take care,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete