Tuesday 19 March 2013

"Well, in the middle of the night, and the early morning light, you can hear them a million miles away..." (Def Leppard)

Oy, these 2 a.m. bedtimes are going to kill me!  My eyes are so tired, it's getting harder to stick those little pieces of plastic in them every morning.

Let's take care of some miscellaneous biz first, shall we?

So far, we've had very smooth sailing and pretty good weather -- until today.  We were already in port in Nassau when I (and probably a lot of other cruisers) woke, and it's overcast and a bit rainy.  Hopefully that will change for the better.  Saturday evening was the only time it was uncomfortably windy and cool (and I know it's all relative -- it was still a lot nicer than it was at home).  Since then, it's been great:  warm and sunny.

Also, I have gotten a few autographs -- just 3, which I realize isn't a lot, considering autograph hounds can really clean up on this cruise.  But allow me to explain:  someone my husband played in a band with way back told us about the "Mosh Potatoes" cookbook.  And of the artists on board this year, Lita Ford, John Corabi, Michael Wilton, and Scott Rockenfield all have recipes in it.  So.  I have gotten Lita, John, and Michael to sign their recipes so far.  How cool is that?!

Ok, time for Monday's recap.

It was beach day at our stop at Coco Cay.  The MOR team have scheduled things differently this year -- there's not too much happening in the way of concerts on the ship while we're in port.  So, we hung out on the beach for a while (where I composed the previous day's blog entry and read), had some lunch, then caught Great White's acoustic set on the beach.  After that, we headed back to the ship.  There was another cruise ship anchored not too far away from us, and I'm sure they could hear our sailaway concert loud and clear!

"Cinderella and Friends" played on the pool stage late afternoon.  I should tell you that the concerts happen at 5 different stages, starting at about noon, and then it's non-stop metal music until 2 a.m.  (Hence the late bedtimes.)  Back to Cinderella -- Tom Keifer couldn't make the trip due to illness (all of us here wish him well), so they only played one show, with a bunch of guest singers (John Corabi, Ron Keel, guys from Faster Pussycat and London Quireboys), and did covers, everything from Judas Priest to Rod Stewart to AC/DC, and even some Cinderella.  It was actually a pretty cool show.  After that, we were able to eat dinner (at the real restaurant, as opposed to grazing at the buffet) before heading back out to the pool stage for Stryper.  We went to our meet and greet #2, this time with Cinderella (!), Loudness, Jailhouse, Nelson (?), and...Great White!!  :)  I actually have photos of us with Great White on my camera!

After that excitement, we saw more of Heavy Mellow, then I went in for some LA Guns.  And then it was Dio Disciples in the theatre.  At midnight (yes, midnight), we headed back up to the pool stage for Queensryche again.  They started late (by 40 minutes -- I think they waited until Dio Disciples were done), and I gave up at the 20 minute mark.  We ran into one half of A&A there too.  I grabbed a snack (more buffet grazing) before we went to catch some of Keel's set.  Then we called it a night.

We did get the form to pre-reserve for next year's MOR cruise, but the only info they gave us was March 29, 2014, for 4 days.  The rumours abound, of course (different ship, bigger bands), and I've been pumping my inside sources for info, but to no avail.  I'll keep you posted, but anyone who's interested, make note of that date!  (S. in Scotland, that includes you!)

Only one MOR day -- and tomorrow Great White play!!  Wooooo!

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment